Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mommy brain


Everyone tells you how much your life will change once you have a kid, but you can't really understand it until you actually have one. The most difficult thing hands down has been the lack of sleep. It's amazing that I can spend 10 hours in bed, but only get 4 hours of sleep (which is what happened last night). Someone told me today that's why God made babies so cute. You can wake up in the morning and still love your baby because he's so darn cute, even though he screamed for half of the night. Poor Ian has had a lot of gas lately, so it's hard to blame him for the screaming. There are about a million theories out there about why babies have gas and how to get rid of it, so trying to fix the problem is a bit overwhelming.

The second hardest thing about having a newborn is trying to leave the house. It takes at least three times longer to get ready in the morning, and I feel like I'm always late to everything, no matter how hard I try! Plus you have to bring 10X as much stuff with you.

Since we've decided that I'm going to stay home full time with Ian, I'm trying to view raising him as my job. I can see why people want to go back to work, though, because this is definitely a 24/7 job (I'm breastfeeding as week speak. hopefully that's not TMI).

The first 6 weeks have been sort of a blur, but I'm trying to enjoy this time that he's so little, because I know it will fly by. He's started to smile a bit, which is rewarding. Here are a couple of cute pics. I think he looks more like Troy every day.















Getting some tummy time.
















Not sure how he can sleep like this.















some snuggle time with daddy















Grandpa Petre reading to Ian

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on this one! It's amazing how you feel like you've worked so hard and you feel like you have nothing to show for it!! But you are being a loving wonderful mother to him and that's going to make him a great person. Oh and the gas thing was definitely bad for Owen between week 6 and 8 but has calmed down a lot. Hope that will be the case for Ian.
    See you tommorow! Ps. I'm impressed about your typing abilities!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Anderson, IN, United States
We're daily figuring out how to be parents, love the Lord and serve Him with all we are.

Followers