Friday, September 4, 2009

You were all right!!

To everyone who told me having a baby would get easier...you were right! It might have taken a bit longer with Ian than for other babies, but life is definitely getting easier, and we're starting to fall into somewhat of a routine. He's been sleeping 10+ hours a night for the past few weeks, and he's taking naps a bit easier than before. Thank you Lord! He's at a really fun age where he giggles and smiles a lot, he interacts with us, and notices what we're doing. He's also been noticing Petey (our dog), which is funny. We love going on family walks through the neighborhood every day, and I'm getting ready to break out the jogging stroller. We got it from a garage sale (surprise, surprise), so it needs to be tweaked a bit. I'll also need to be tweaked a bit before I can run more than a mile or two without passing out.

I've officially begun a part time job at our church. I'm the new worship assistant, which means I'm helping our worship minister in planning worship each week. I get to be a part of the creative side as well as the technical behind the scenes stuff, so I'll be able to use my music and PR degrees at the same time (who knew that random combo would come in handy??). It'll be about 10-15 hours a week, and I can do a few of these from home. Troy's mom is going to watch Ian two afternoons a week for us, so it'll be a great situation. Though it will be a bit stressful coordinating schedules and feedings, I think it will be good for me emotionally to be away for a few hours each week.

My family is coming this weekend, so I'm super pumped! Happy labor day!



















No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Anderson, IN, United States
We're daily figuring out how to be parents, love the Lord and serve Him with all we are.

Followers