Tuesday, December 1, 2009

the last month



















OK, so I always wait to blog until something exciting happens. Then, inevitably, a month or so goes by, and nothing exciting has really happened. I could write about all the cool new things Ian does every day, but that would bore everyone except for us as new parents. So here's the quick Ian update: He's army crawling all over the place. Today he made it to our dog Petey's water bowl and dumped it all over himself. Yum! We must get in gear and baby proof the house. It's amazing how kids are magnets to anything they shouldn't be playing with. He also LOVES to eat. His latest favorites are pumpkin with apples and tofu...Aunt Heidi and uncle Josh are trying to turn him vegetarian. We'll see how that goes.













For thanksgiving my family came to stay with us. Since we're all crazy, we decided to make over our family room, which was in desperate repair of a face lift. My sister is amazing and decorating. So here is the before:

































And here is the after:




























We love our new room, and we never would have finished it without the help of my family. And I must add that my sister made all of the artwork herself. She's amazing!Thanks guys!!!

Ian also recently experienced his first Pacers game. He was mesmerized by the crowd, noise and lights.















































I must also add that Ian is doing great sleeping. He sleeps about 11 hours at night, and takes 3 naps a day like clockwork. If you would have told me that 3 months ago, I would have laughed (or maybe cried) and never would have believed you. So anyone out there who has a difficult or colicky baby who you think will never get easier, call me! There is hope!

3 comments:

  1. The family room looks amazing!! Your sister did a great job! Isn't it nice to have a transformed room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love how light the room looks now! Great job! So, glad that Ian is napping and more on a schedule for you! Seems like it's working a lot better! Look forward to hanging out tomorrow! Good luck baby proofing! :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Anderson, IN, United States
We're daily figuring out how to be parents, love the Lord and serve Him with all we are.

Followers