Saturday, February 7, 2009

Birthing Class and Test Results

The good news--no gestational diabetes for me! I'm relieved. The one good part about taking the 3 hour test is that I had them check my vitamin D levels again. You get vitamin D from the sun, and it helps prevent a ton of different diseases, etc. Well, when you're pregnant in the winter in Indiana, you don't get a whole lot of sunlight, so now I'm taking a supplement that should help with that.

But enough about my vitamin intake and on to birthing class!
We attended an 8 hour class at St. John's today. It was actually really good! Troy only dozed off two times. The funny thing was that out of six couples in the class, we were the only married ones (okay, that really isn't funny). We were also the oldest ones by at least 6 years. The real funny thing is that the nurse who presented was talking about old wives tales for telling the sex of the baby, and she got out the ancient Chinese birth chart. She guessed the sex of all of the babies, and she was right for each person--everyone in the group was having a boy. We were the only ones who didn't know and she said we were having a boy too, based on the birth chart. The chart takes your age and the month you conceived and somehow magically predicts the sex of your baby. The majority of people tell us we're having a boy. Lately, I've been feeling like it's a girl, but it kind of depends on the month! I really don't care either way, and we're so excited to have a surprise at the end of labor. I'm really glad that Troy got to hear first hand all of the information I've been reading about for months. We also got to see the birthing center, which was pretty cool. It's hard to believe we'll be putting all of this information into practice in less than two months!

1 comment:

  1. 1st, that is sad and not funny that you are the only married couple... well, it is kind of funny.
    2nd, do be telling my wife what some china man thinks our kids going to be... I want it to be a suprise!!!
    3rd, happy birthday and thinks for having us over to celebrate your birth.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Anderson, IN, United States
We're daily figuring out how to be parents, love the Lord and serve Him with all we are.

Followers