Thursday, February 26, 2009

Showers and babies!

We had 2 baby showers last weekend--one on Saturday with some of my friends, and one on Saturday with Troy's side of the family. Troy didn't go to either of them. It would have been nice for him to be at the family one, since there were a couple of people I haven't seen since our wedding shower, but it was still really fun. It was kind of surreal opening up all of the presents and knowing they were for our baby. I've been to so many other people's baby showers, it doesn't seem real that it's our turn! I guess it's how I felt when we got married too--we've just been behind the marriage/kids schedule compared to most of our friends. I definitely feel blessed to have such generous friends and family members in my life. If we had the baby tomorrow, I think we'd have all the 'stuff' we need!
















Friends at my shower






















Me with my sister and mom.


Speaking of babies, we got to help out our friend Suzy Thompson tonight. She had quadruplets around Christmas-time. I can't even imagine having four babies at one time! It makes having one feel a lot more manageable. Check out her cute babies at four-by-two.blogspot.com. We basically just fed and held babies for a few hours.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I look forward to seeing the pictures of the wee one!

    Weird thinking I used to be the youth pastor of someone so close to my own age.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Anderson, IN, United States
We're daily figuring out how to be parents, love the Lord and serve Him with all we are.

Followers