Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy birthday at the doctors office

Happy 32nd birthday, Troy! My late grandpa Petre was so excited when he found out I was marrying a groundhogs baby (my grandpa's b-day was the same!) Our birthday celebrations usually consist of using free coupons that restaurants send us. Tonight we're going to B-Dubs!

Unfortunately, both of us got to spend several hours at the doctor today. Troy's back was really hurting this weekend, so much that he was having trouble walking. We decided it probably had to do with shoveling for 10 hours on Wednesday because of the snow storm. He shoveled our driveway for about 2 hours, and then at AU for the entire work day. His boss told him to go to the med check this morning. There's not much he can do except lay off any hard physical work, which is hard for Troy. A back doctor at our church also told Troy that he should never have to shovel for his job (because of his degenerating discs an sciatic nerve problems). My back is starting to hurt more too because of the pregnancy and my scoliosis. We're quite a pair. We look like old people when we try to get in and out of the car.

I had to spend 3.5 hours this morning getting my blood drawn for round 2 of my gestational diabetes test (my levels were a bit high during the first test, so I had to do this extra long, extra fun test). I had blood taken every hour for a total of four times. My arm is a bit sore, but the worst part was drinking the sickening syrupy sweet drink required for the test. It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't been on an empty stomach, but I had to fast for 12 hours beforehand. I would gladly have my blood drawn four more times if I had the choice between that and the drink! My stomach still feels a bit queezy. I really hope I don't have gestational diabetes (obviously). If I do, it's not the end of the world, but it'll mean a strict diet until the baby comes. GD can make the baby bigger, and we all know we don't need our baby to be any bigger than it already is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Anderson, IN, United States
We're daily figuring out how to be parents, love the Lord and serve Him with all we are.

Followers