Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Early baby???

My doctor scheduled an induction for March 26. I'm a little shocked, to say the least. My feet have been really swollen all weekend. I called in to make it was just normal pregnancy stuff, and they had me come in yesterday to take my blood pressure and do some blood work. My blood pressure was pretty high, so they had me come back in today. The doctor is worried that I could have preclampsia or toxemia, which can be pretty bad. My blood pressure was down, so that was good, but my feet are still really swollen. I also had some fetal monitoring tests and the baby's heartbeat and activity seemed fine. The good thing is that I can definitely try to have a natural labor because the baby won't be as big at 38 weeks. I have a few follow-up appointments before my induction date, so the doctor may change his mind. I guess we'll just wait and see. Yikes!

On a lighter note, our friend Jose took some great maternity pics of Troy and I. You can see them on our facebook pages or at http://gallery.mac.com/thetorresfam04#gallery
Here are a couple of samples:



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Anderson, IN, United States
We're daily figuring out how to be parents, love the Lord and serve Him with all we are.

Followers