Thursday, January 22, 2009

Big Freakin' Baby

I had my 28 week appointment today where I got to drink a really sweet drink to test my glucose levels for gestational diabetes, and I had some more blood work done. I was really anxious to find out how big I was measuring, since at the last appointment I was 4 weeks ahead. When the doctor came in, he said we wouldn't worry about doing another ultrasound until 32 weeks or so if I was still measuring that far ahead. But when he measured my uterus, he said I'm measuring at 34 weeks. Yikes!(That's six weeks ahead for anyone who I've confused with all the pregnancy jargon). He ordered another ultrasound for tomorrow so we can see what's going on. It could be the way the baby is positioned, the amount of fluid I have, or our baby could just be really big! I called Troy to tell him and he said "we're going to have a big freakin' baby!" I don't mind a big baby, but a humungous baby could be a problem. The doctor said not to be worried and that our genes are in favor of a rather large baby. At least we'll have a few more pictures of junior before the "big" day (ha ha!). I'll post some tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Anderson, IN, United States
We're daily figuring out how to be parents, love the Lord and serve Him with all we are.

Followers