Monday, January 26, 2009

Just a big baby...

We had our ultrasound today. As far as we know there's nothing to be concerned about, the baby is just big! Usually at this stage, babies weigh about 2.5 lbs, but ours is weighing in just under 4 lbs. The ultrasound tech said based on her calculation our due date should be March 27 (April 11 is our actual due date). I'm not sure if my doctor will change the due date, or how that type of thing works. Since I carefully charted all of the "details" when we were trying to get pregnant, I'm sure April 11 is the real due date. My main fear is having to decide whether or not to be induced if the baby keeps growing at this rate. We'll just have to wait and see. My mom said that she was told that her due date was two weeks earlier than it really was, and she ended up having me just one day early. I'm just like my mom :)
Here are the latest ultrasound pics:





The ultrasound tech said it looked like the baby was laughing in the picture.






















Troy likes this one because it looks like baby is giving a thumbs up.












Baby isn't missing any brain, it's just the way the picture looks.

3 comments:

  1. Cool pictures!!! So, Katrina if your mom had you just one day early, were you a big baby too? I'm so glad that everything is okay!! Love ya!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture with the thumbs up!! So cute! But yeah, if you need help with the nursery, I'm in major nesting mode if you couldn't tell! I just can't stop!! Oh by the way, I saw you were talking to Sallie about a stroller. We have the Graco Metrolite stroller in a different pattern and we LOVE IT!! It's so nice and light and it will defnitely fit in your car. I would defnitely recommend it. And I'm thinking all Graco infants seats would fit in it fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really hoping for 2 babies.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Anderson, IN, United States
We're daily figuring out how to be parents, love the Lord and serve Him with all we are.

Followers